Thanks for visiting my blog. I began journaling about my daily life when I was eleven. Over the years, this has grown to become a way for me to share my thoughts rather than my daily life. I’m pretty open with sharing all the beautiful chaos of life with six children. I have to remind myself to extend grace to myself each and every day! It is my hope that my writings will help others to learn to extend grace to themselves too. After all, if it weren’t for the Grace of God, life would just be messy. I’m so glad that life can instead be a Beautiful Mess and is covered by His Beautiful Grace.
Thursday, May 24, 2012
A Lost Treasure
Pre-K/Kindergarten Summer Activities
1. Practice tying shoes.
2. Crossing arms above the head and below the waist.
3. Zipping and buttoning.
4. Building with blocks and balancing with 2 hands.
6. Tearing/cutting paper.
7. Holding a bowl with one hand and stirring with the other hand.
Oral Motor Activities
1. Blowing bubbles/pinwheels/harmonicas/kazoos.
2. Using a straw to drink with or blow things.
3. Peanut butter on lips and use tongue lick it off.
1. Simon Says.
2. Freeze game- play music, turn it off, freeze in spot and repeat.
3. Listening outside- sitting outside and naming all the different things you hear.
Phonemic and Phonological Awareness Activities
1. Rhyming games with their name or making up words that rhyme.
2. Nursery rhymes and books with rhyming text.
3. Silly Mistakes- Examples: "Jack and Jill went up the pickle", "The first little pig built a straw of house."
4. Letter hunt- find letters everywhere.
5. Alphabet hopscotch- naming letters as they jump on them.
6. I Spy: Letters, numbers, colors, patterns or even sounds.
7. Tongue Twisters: Examples below or create your own.
*Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
*My mommy makes marvelous, munchy meatballs.
*She sells seashells down by the seashore.
*Justin's jeep just jumped, joggled and jiggled
8. Beginning and ending sound games- I am thinking of a word that begins with "b" sound or ends with a certain sound. (Be careful not to put the "u" sound after the letter sounds.)
9. Clapping/tapping syllables in words.
I was recently asked, "Where do I start? I have so many photos and it all seems overwhelming." I know that I get asked this se...
Ah! A fresh new notebook. A new book to read about motherhood. I'm not sure why I'm so in love with self-help type books but ...
It’s time to start thinking about Christmas cards, and Close to My Heart has some great products to get you started! We have card kits, ...